Monday, February 6, 2012

biting off more than i can chew

during the past year, i've been overwhelmed by the joy of accumulating new things that i actually forgot about what drew me to this hobby in the first place - the joy of creating. i am trying to cut down on the shopping but i also wanted to purposely make time for crafting - to use up my stash but also to be able to breathe and recharge. i think for me, art has become as necessary as food and sleep.i find this quote so apt especially during this season in my life - art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.

i dubbed my project a year of creativity and at the end of the year, i wanted to be able to create 366 projects (tags, cards, canvas, etc), 100 layouts and 12 albums. so far, i've made around 14 tags. i've not yet decided what to do with them, probably use them on other projects or with gifts.

i have not been very diligent in posting my progress here in my blog but i have been creating albeit not as regularly as i hoped i would. however, i have been posting updates through my twitter account in case you are interested in following me and my attempt to infuse more creativity in my life.crafting and creating breaks, quiet time and blogging are some of the activities i have to integrate in my daily routine.

anyway, without further ado, here are my tags for the first week. let me know what you think. enjoy the week ahead everyone.

week 1

january 1: a fabulous day, a fabulous year


january 2: because it still feels like christmas


january 3: never too late for a garden, there's always time to learn and be happy


january 4: why hello there mother and child


january 5: the road to toledo


january 6: all my favorite things...flowers, birds and birdcages


january 7: all dressed up

No comments:

Post a Comment