Thursday, September 20, 2012

mixed media adventures

It started with the mixed media canvas I created for the Craft Soiree and afterwards, I couldn't stop playing with paints, canvas, stamps and my scrapbook goodies. Did I also mention that I discovered my love for gel medium with this project?


Here's a 6x6 altered mixed media canvas I created featuring a dress form. There are still a lot of elements in this project inspired by the small canvas - the colors, the handmade flowers and yes, the ubiquitous washi tape.


This is a slightly bigger canvas, an 8x8. I played around with shades of pink, green and blue. Aside from the flowers and the script background, I also used the new HeyKessy washi tapes. 


I also completed a wall hanging for a friend as a birthday gift. I dabbled with pastels and molding paste. I do hope my friend liked it.


Finally, I got my first custom order for an 8x6 name tag with a vintage travel theme. This was a challenge for me especially because I rarely make travel-themed projects and these are colors I don't usually work with. Anyway, I'm glad the client loved it and someone already approached me for another custom name tag order. Crossing my fingers that there would be more opportunities like these for me.


That's it for me. I still have several projects I want to share but I want to keep this post short. Enjoy the rest of the week. 

No comments:

Post a Comment