Monday, September 3, 2012

of albums and a craft soiree

Once again, I have  a backlog of projects that I want to share. I'm not optimistic that I'll improve anytime soon in updating my blog especially since I started with my first class for MBA already. Like the geek I've always been, I'm enjoying schoolwork and I'm happy to be learning a lot. 
Anyway, here's a rundown of what I've been up to, craft-wise, in pictures.
Last July, my friend's baby was baptized and I was one of the godmothers. The event styling was done by Pepperfy, a little crafting venture my friends and I started. We created the souvenirs, decors like the pompoms, flower pots and banners, and the guestbook.






I also attended my first, and hopefully not my last craft soiree last August 18. It also coincided with my first day of class so I was only able to drop by for less than an hour. The event was held in Pino restaurant and there were around 30 crafters who participated. 
Alessa writes about it here as well as the other participants like starsfordreams who talks about her loot and the loot she didn't get and designsofartisan. I already signed up for the next one in December and I'm crossing my fingers that I'll be able to attend. 
For my project, I altered a mini-canvas by painting and stamping on it then finally embellishing it with hand-made flowers and diecuts.This my first attempt at a multi-media project so I was very apprehensive about how it would turn out when I started. In the end, I'm happy with how it turned out.


I also participated in the PS Mini Album Grab a Swap which concluded last night. I created an 8x8 album using the Pink Paislee Spring Jubilee line. I love the vibrant colors of this line and I was able to integrate a lot of my favorite things in this mini as well as several techniques I learned online. I have yet to take pictures of the entire mini but for now, I'd like to share the cover.



Finally, I want to share a Love mini-album I created a while back using The Girls' Paperie Vintage Whimsy line. 






I hope you enjoyed viewing my projects. I'll try to update with the other projects I'm working on. Have a great week ahead. 

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I love your projects :) Keep it up! I love DIYs as well and hope you can visit my blog www.bargainblabber.blogspot.com :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!Thanks for the visit and the encouraging words. Off to visit your blog.:)

    ReplyDelete